Maintaining the health of a website is extremely crucial for a smooth running of the business. A website is considered successful only when its website conversion rate is strong. If a website has a poor conversion rate then that clearly indicates that the business has to struggle to cope up with the market trends.
User Experience is such an important parameter for influencing the website conversion rate for a business. Simply put, UX is nothing but what your users feel and experience when they navigate each page or each element when search on your site.
Let’s take a close look at how UX can impact the conversion rate of your website:
- More videos on landing pages: Landing pages are usually stuffed with volumes of text written it as they are considered persuasive from the sales perspective. Some of the landing pages are more detailed as they try to communicate a lot to the readers. When a website tries to burden the readers with volumes of texts then there is a high chance of people withdrawing themselves from that particular site. In such a situation, suitable videos on landing pages will not just improve the UX of a site but will also increase the conversion rate of a website. There are many educational websites which are supported by relatable videos.
- Speed of the website: The speed of a website will determine the quality and strength of the UX. If a website is slow then the rate of conversion gets hampered. As per a study conducted by foresters, more than 40% of people quit a particular site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. This clearly indicates that the faster a site loads, the better the UX of a website is. There are various tools available online which helps in determining and optimizing the speed of a website.
- Call to action: The positioning of call to action buttons on the page of a site is of utmost importance. If a call to action button is not clearly visible to the reader then it will not help in increasing the rate of conversion of a site. A website must design in such a way that the UX should be compatible with both desktop and a mobile phone. UX experts are of the opinion that 84% of the readers get attracted to better UX, properly placed icons and appropriate content in the website. In order to improve the conversion rate of your website, it is very important to focus on the right placement of call to action buttons.
- Look and feel of the website: How your website looks will speak volumes about your business. A visitor when lands on a site find volumes of information in terms of content, images and videos about your business. If your website fails to impress the user then it clearly indicates that the UX is poor. A website must appear readable, accessible and accountable to a user as it will increase and improve the conversion rate of a website and also retain the user’s attention for a longer span.
- Spot errors in site: It is very important to ensure that a website is error free while browsing. The primary responsibility while developing a website is to make it engaging, clear and understanding for the users. A user must always have a smooth and comfortable browsing experience. This can be achieved only when the site is error free and easy to navigate. In case of any errors on page of a website then it is always advisable to support it with appropriate personal messages and images.
The main objective of having a good UX is to ensure that engaging and entertaining information is provided to the users. Unless your website is not appealing then it will be of no use to have a great idea or a product. The user experience of a site should be such that it must grab the user’s attention for a longer period of time and should also convert the website traffic into possible leads.